- 1120 C.E.- Almoravid Moroccan Dynasty Controls Western Sahara with its capital in Marrakech Morocco.
- 1578 to 1727: Moroccan Kings rule over the territory currently known as the Western Sahara.
- 1884: Spanish colonization begins.
- 1956: Morocco claims independence from France and reclaims the Western Sahara at the UN for the first time.
- 1958: King Mohammed V formally lays claim to the Sahara.
- 1963: The UN includes the Western Sahara on the list of non self-governing territories.
Is it current news? :